Spouse visa is granted to a partner of a holding permanent residence, citizenship or a valid visa allowing their partner to join them. The right to work with this visa is frequently granted, but usually not the right to permanent residence.
How to Apply Spouse Visa from London UK
- MAKE THE APPOINTMENT
- COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- GO TO THE VISA CENTRE WITH ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
- PAY YOUR VISA FEES
- GET YOUR VISA AND PASSPORT VIA POST
Italy – Spouse Visa Checklist for UK Residents
- Visa application form, duly filled out in English & signed by the applicant (signed by parents or legal guardian in case of minors).
- Original passport valid for at least six months from the return date. A copy of the passport and any prior Schengen visas from the past three years. The passport must include at least two blank pages (back to back) for visa stamping.
- Two passport size photographs for which requirements include the following: 35 mm wide by 45 mm high; well-contrasted person; looking directly into the camera; having the head straight and not tilted; closed mouth; having the head take up 2/3 of the image but not more than 36 mm in height; having the eyes in the upper middle of the image; having an easily discernible eye color; and in a white background. Using any Photoshop tools or any other modifications are strictly prohibited.
- A copy of a residency permit that is valid for at least one month from the date of return from Schengen country.
- First pages of the applicant’s passport in two copies, as well as copies of any prior visas from any Schengen nation issued within the past three years (if applicable).
- If there are visas in an old passport, provide a copy of the front page as well as copies of the applicable visas.
- Marriage Certificate: Original and a copy. A marriage certificate must be updated no more than six months before the visa application is submitted.
Additionally needed is a certificate of registration from Italy, another EU/EEA nation, or Switzerland. Legalization from the Italian Embassy/Consulate in the country where the certificate was issued or Apostilled (if applicable) is required if the marriage certificate was issued in a nation outside the EU/EEA Country or Switzerland and not registered in the country of the EU relative.
- EU Relative’s Declaration: Stating that they are going with or joining an EU family member.
- EU Relative’s Original Passport & Photocopy of First Page: Proof that the applicant is relocating with the EU citizen in the event that a family member is an EU citizen.