Italy Visa Documents
The visa documentation is a necessary precondition for getting your Italian Schengen visa. It’s hard to get your Italian Schengen visa approved without adequate documentation and that is why, it is crucial to pay due attention while submitting your visa documents. Although, it’s not binding for every UK resident to apply for an Italy Visa in order to travel to Italy, as the UK residents holding UK citizenship are allowed to travel across Europe freely without any visa requirements. However, the other UK residents with UK residence permit, need to apply for an Italy Tourist Visa to travel across the Schenghen Zone. The document requirements are as follows –
- Italy Tourist Visa applicant must possess Original, Valid and Signed passport which must have been issued in less than 10 years ago. The passport should carry at least 2 blank “Visa” pages and must be valid for at least 90 days beyond the date of return from Italy or other Schengen country. Also, copies of any of the previous Schengen Visas endorsed in an old passport (issued in last 3 years from the application) must be produced.
- A recent, coloured Passport size photograph (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) taken on a light background which should be white or off-white must be provided. The photograph should be glued on the Application Form and should not be more than 6 months old. It should show all the facial characteristics of the applicant and complete face (non-smiling). The applicant should not be wearing any sunglasses or head cover except the religious head wear.
- Applicant should fill the Schengen Visa ApplicationForm with 37 columns with due care before submission. The last column is for declaration and it should be filled by the applicant/guardian along with the signatures. Any error in the Application Form will render it invalid.
- British Residence Permit should be either stamped in the passport or can be in the form of biometric card. It should be presented in Original as well as the copy and should exceed the validity of the requested Italian Schengen Visa by 90 days.
- Travel Insurance should be all risk medical travel insurance and should clearly state the applicant’s name. It must cover Italy and all the other countries of the Schengen Area. The insurance should cover all the emergency expenses along with repatriation during the entire stay in the Schengen Zone. The minimum insurance cover should be of EUR 30,000.
- Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed Accommodation reservations that state the name of applicant of Italian Schengen Visa, dates of travel to Schengen Area and address of accommodation should be provided.
- A joint travel confirmation letter in the cases where applicant’s name is not mentioned in the accommodation reservation, signed and dated by the person, whose name is on the reservation, should be provided by the applicant. The joint travel confirmation letter to be provided should be accompanied with copy of that person’s ID Card/Passport plus passport’s signature page in case signature is not on the bio page of the passport.
- If, the accommodation is reserved for the entire group visiting the Schengen Area, then a list is required that should contain the names of all the group members or alternatively the group members’ names may be mentioned on the travel ticket as well.
- Proof of Travel ( In case of Airplane/Train/Boat/Coach/ (Hired) Car)
- Confirmed return travel tickets should be produced by the applicant of Italy Tourist Visa as the proof of travel. Tickets should mention the dates of travel to and from the Schengen Area along with the name of Applicant.
- If the travel is undertaken by the applicant via car then, Car Registration, Car Insurance, Return Travel tickets(Ferry or Eurotunnel) stating the car’s registration number and driver’s driving license should be provided. If the applicant is not the driver of the car which is being used to travel the Schengen Area, then a signed and dated cover letter by the driver should be provided, in order to confirm the joint travel with the applicant along with the travel dates.
- Proof of Funds
- Last 3 months UK Current Bank Account’s Bank Statement should be furnished by the Italian Schengen Visa Applicant, showing details like applicant’s name, address and an end balance. The Bank Statement should be dated within the last month of the online Italy Visa Application submission date. The applicant should possess sufficient balance in his/her bank account with at least minimum amount of £ 50.00/day of stay in the Schengen Zone with the addition of outstanding accommodation and travel fees. Printouts of the online bank account are also acceptable by the Embassy.
- Travellers’ Cheque covering the same amount as mentioned in the above point.
- Italy Visa Applicant should provide Employer Letter in original which is less than 1 month old and signed. The headed letter should be addressed to the Mission stating the name and position of the signee and should confirm the status of applicant’s employment.
- Self Employed
- Italy Visa Applicant should provide Self-Employment Letter in original which is less than 1 month old and signed. The headed letter should be addressed to the Mission stating the name and position of the signee and should confirm the status of the applicant’s self-employment. The letter can be obtained from applicant’s Accountant/Solicitor/Bank Manager/Companies House (Certificate of Incorporation received upon registration of Business) – if applicable for the applicant.
- Receiving Benefits – Recent Original Letter obtained from local Job centre or Pension Service.
- Domestic Worker
- Italy Visa applicant should provide original and signed employer letter in original and proof of tax payment or the payslips along with employer’s passport/ID Card.
- Spouse of UK National (Documents of Spouse and Marriage)
In the cases where the Italy Visa Applicant is sponsored either by their spouse or registered partner, following documents must be provided:
- Marriage Certificate in Original as well as a Copy – If the document was originally issued outside European Union and is neither in English or Italian language, then the applicant should get it translated by a certified translator in UK.
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Passport in Original as well as Copy
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Proof of Occupation
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Proof of Funds
- Spouse or Registered Partner’s Cover Letter which should be signed and dated along with confirming the said sponsorship.
- Italy Visa Applicant should furnish UK School/College/University Letter in original which is less than 1 month old and should be signed. The headed letter should be addressed to the Mission stating the name and position of the signee along with confirming the applicant’s enrolment.
- Children under the age of 18 (Minors)
In case of children who are under the age of 18, following documents must be furnished:
- Child’s unabridged/full Birth Certificate giving the names of both the biological parents.
- A written consent, which should be dated and signed by both the parents whose names are mentioned on the Birth Certificate of the child.
Copy of the Bio Page and Signature Page, in case if signature is not on the Bio Page for both the parents.
- If in case, the parents of the applicant are divorced or one of the parents has deceased, then the court order, confirming the sole custody to one parent or the death certificate of the deceased parent should be produced.
- In case the parents of the minor applicant have appointed a guardian, then a Guardianship Letter and Copy of guardian’s Passport Bio Page or Signature Page should be provided if signature is not on the Bio Page of the Passport.
- Parent’s cover letter which should be signed and dated along with confirming the sponsorship.